Download: MP3 (50.1 MB)
- After elections last Sunday, German politics are in trouble, as Chancellor Angela Merkel struggles to bring disagreeing political parties into a government in a process that could mire Germany for months.
- Hurricane Maria has devastated Puerto Rico—the island is suffering, and the price tag for getting back on its feet will be huge.
- The threat from North Korea is real, but it wouldn’t be happening if not for a great deal of help from China. New figures show how China’s efforts to punish Pyongyang are only a pretense.
- A battle for independence in the Spanish region of Catalonia is mushrooming into a crisis that could undermine the euro.
- We’ll also talk about Italy’s growing desperation for a solution to the crisis in Libya—how Iran is winning in Yemen despite American efforts to prevent it—and how the division in America over NFL protests is being encouraged by Russian Internet trolls.