Download: MP3 (48.3 MB)
- A bid for independence for Kurds in Iraq has met a forceful response from Iraqi and Iranian forces. As America stands aside, Iran eliminates yet another obstacle to its regional dominance.
- Spain responds to Catalonia’s vote for independence by stripping it of some of its autonomy, and Europe is letting it happen.
- China’s president kicked off the Chinese Communist Party’s national congress, and looks to be laying groundwork for tightening his grip on power for a new Maoist era.
- Donald Trump decertifying the Iran nuclear deal could force Europe to make a difficult choice: break with the U.S.—or confront Iran?
- We’ll also talk about how only a third of American states have a rainy day fund—how Nepal is trying to remain a bridge between China and India—and how Russia is marketing its impressive advanced missile system to some interesting customers in the Middle East.