Trumpet Hour is the voice of the Trumpet newsmagazine. Your host is Joel Hilliker, the managing editor of the Philadelphia Trumpet and theTrumpet.com. Trumpet Hour features a range of subject matter with an emphasis on the most important world news: national and international affairs, global economics, politics, society and morality. Trumpet Hour also features segments intended to inform and inspire listeners with stories of remarkable people overcoming obstacles, facing urgent world problems, and searching for solutions.… Read More
In each edition of Trumpet Hour, Hilliker sits down with Trumpet writers to bring you up to date on the latest developments in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Anglo-America and beyond. Trumpet Hour goes behind the headlines to connect current events to their true meaning and their significance in your life. The program also brings you practical advice to improve your life, your family, your marriage and your physical, mental and spiritual health. Trumpet Hour brings you the most important information about your world and your life using one unique resource: the absolute truths of the Bible.
Trumpet Hour airs Wednesdays at 8 a.m and Fridays at 4 p.m. (Central Time). Wednesday’s program features one-on-one interviews with Trumpet staff writers and featured guests, as well as answers to questions from Trumpet readers and listeners. Friday’s Week in Review edition features a panel discussion focusing on the events of the week. Trumpet Hour airs on KPCG 101.3 FM in Edmond, Oklahoma, and online at KPCG.fm.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
08:00 AM CST
• Today we put on our prognosticating caps and look ahead to 2017. What kind of year will it be?
• We’ll talk about the effects that a Trump presidency will have on the rest of the world.
• America is one of several countries that will have or may have changes of leadership this year. We’ll survey some other nations due to have elections and discuss political pressures that could lead to significant changes.
• We’ll talk about potential fallout to the United Nations’ recent resolution declaring the Jewish state’s presence in eastern Jerusalem to be illegal.
• We’ll discuss the factors that show how 2017 has all the ingredients to be a major crisis for Europe that could transform the Continent.
• We’ll conclude with a lightning round of predictions and things to watch for in the coming year.