#235: Week in Review: Russian War Games, Calls for U.S. of Europe, Italy’s Deal With Libya, U.S. Wildfires, and Much More
• Russia has started its biggest military exercises since the end of the Cold War this week in Belarus. It’s another aggressive move that has Europeans nervous, and wondering if all those troops will go home once the war games end.
• The President of the European Commission this week laid out his vision of Europe’s future, and despite Britain choosing to leave the unification project, Eurocrats are still going full steam ahead.
• The flow of migrants from Libya into Italy slowed dramatically last month—and it turns out it was because of a shady deal Europeans made with some unsavory groups within Libya.
• We’ll also talk about terrorism in London—the environmental disasters in the United States you didn’t hear about because of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma—the real meaning behind sanctions against North Korea—how Hezbollah’s budget has quadrupled since the nuclear deal with Iran went into effect—and how opioid addiction has quadrupled just since 2000.
#234: Trumpet Hour: Transgender Child Rearing, Turkey’s Pivotal Role, American Spiritualism and More
• More and more psychologists are telling parents that you need to encourage gender fluidity in your children, and they’re getting the backing of the law on their side. We’re going to talk about why this is actually a form of child abuse.
• The nation of Turkey is at a crossroads. Its president is moving the nation from being secular to being Islamic, reevaluating alliances and bolstering the military. What is Turkey’s future? We’ll look at history and biblical prophecy for the answer.
• A new poll shows a big increase in the number of Americans who consider themselves spiritual—but not religious. What does that mean exactly, and why should we be concerned about it?
• And finally, we’ll talk about a terrific way to grow as a person: by helping others to grow.
#233: Week in Review: Hurricane Irma, Israel Attacks Syria, North Korea Tests H-Bomb, China Undermines Dollar, and Much More
• Just days after Hurricane Harvey destroyed Houston, Hurricane Irma has wreaked havoc in the Caribbean, and is poised to devastate Florida.
• Facing greater pressure from Iran, and receiving no help from other nations, Israel reportedly launched airstrikes yesterday against a chemical weapons facility in Syria.
• North Korea tested its first thermonuclear weapon, which has far more destructive potential than the five nuclear weapons it has tested to date. This could jeopardize the South Korea-U.S. alliance and change the balance of power in Asia.
• China has announced its intent to launch a new gold-backed oil benchmark. Economists say this could upset the current economic order by undermining the dollar as the world’s reserve currency.
• We’ll also talk about the Trump administration’s effort to end DACA—and an archaeological find in Jerusalem that could underscore the Bible’s account of what happened when the kingdom of Israel was taken captive by the Assyrians.
#232: Trumpet Hour: The Danger in U.S. ‘Anti-Fascist’ Movement, Israel Drills for War, Dealing With Chronic Disease and More
• Division within the United States is growing deeper and more violent with the rise of radical leftist groups like Antifa. The numbers involved in their demonstrations may seem small, but there is a reason we need to watch this trend closely.
• Israel is responding to Iran’s increased presence in Syria and Lebanon by mounting drills for a mock war against Hezbollah terrorists. Are we about to see another Lebanon War?
• Chronic disease like cancer and diabetes is responsible for almost two thirds of deaths in the world. Modern medicine is working to treat the effects of these diseases, but what can we as individuals do to address the causes, and reduce our risk for these diseases?
• And finally, we’ll talk about a really bad reason to do physical exercise.
#231: Week in Review: Hurricane Harvey, KT zu Guttenberg, North Korea Provokes Japan, Germany Repatriates Gold, and Much More
• North Korea launched a ballistic missile over Japanese airspace. This provocative move could be just the impetus Japan needs to push its program of remilitarization to its next level.
• Germany has brought back all its gold from France and the United States three years ahead of schedule. This has economists speculating about whether Germany is bracing for major economic upheaval.
• Signs are increasing that Iran is putting fresh impetus into its designs on attacking the Jewish state of Israel and conquering Jerusalem.
• We’ll also talk about Hurricane Harvey—the political return of Karl Theodor zu Guttenberg in Germany—evidence that the Antifa movement is working to ignite a civil war in America—an update on Russia’s aggressive actions in Ukraine—and how the “monuments must go” movement has spread to Australia, where people vandalizing statues of that nation’s historical heroes.
#230: Trumpet Hour: Why Houston Is Flooding, Islamic State Looking for Holy War, Missing Nuclear Weapons and More
• Flooding in Houston, Texas, is fulfilling the worst of the worst-case scenarios. Why is this happening? We’re going to seek an answer to that question from the Bible.
• The Islamic State in the Philippines just released a video calling for the assassination of the Pope, and holy war against the Catholic Church. Are we going to see a modern-day repetition of the Crusades?
• There are thousands and thousands of nuclear weapons in the world. What would happen if one of them went missing? The truth is that dozens have gone missing, and there is a chance that one could resurface in a devastating way.
• And finally, we’ll talk about a wonderful power you have and should exercise every day.
#229: Trumpet Hour: A Fulfilled Prophecy, Trump’s New Afghanistan Strategy, the Tower of Babel and More
• In the age of President Donald Trump, a new world order is emerging, as other nations form alliances aimed at countering America’s dominance in the world. Three of these nations that are coming together were specifically prophesied in the Bible to form an alliance.
• On Tuesday, President Trump unveiled a new strategy for how America will finally win its war in Afghanistan. Will this strategy lead to a victory in this theater of war?
• One of the best-known stories in the Bible is the tower of Babel—where people built a tower to reach heaven—and then God stopped the project by confounding people’s languages. We’re going to look at evidence that this event actually happened.
• And I’ll finish the program by talking about how important it is that we civilize our children.
#228: Week in Review: Terror Hits Spain, Iran to Scrap Nuke Deal?, Civil War in Northern Africa, and Much More
• Islamist terrorists struck Spain this week, in two separate van attacks that killed over a dozen and injured over a hundred.
• Iran’s president lashed out against the United States, saying that if it imposes new sanctions, Tehran will immediately advance its nuclear program to its most sophisticated state ever.
• The Trump administration is touting a strong policy against nuclear North Korea, but a look at the details shows that to this point it hasn’t really been different from that of his predecessor.
• Civil war in the Central Africa Republic has Europe looking to intervene militarily and extend its reach in Northern Africa.
• We’ll also look at evidence that Nicolás Maduro in Venezuela is being propped up by Cuba—the Libyan coast guard banishing NGOs from helping migrants cross the Mediterranean—and the Australian Defense Force deciding that for the next 12 months, it will only recruit women.
#227: Trumpet Hour: Charlottesville Violence: More to Come, Anticipating Germany’s Election, August 21 Eclipse Prophetic?, and More
• Charlottesville is an ugly picture of life in America today, with racist white nationalist groups clashing with anti-white nationalist groups this past weekend. Biblical prophecy shows America is due for a lot more of this kind of alarming violence.
• Germany is going to have an election next month, and a new poll shows surprising support for what was once considered a fringe-right party, Alternative for Deutschland.
• Next Monday, America is going to experience a full solar eclipse, and many people believe it is a prophetic sign—a signal of impending catastrophe. Is that true?
• And I’ll finish with a few more thoughts about the racist violence in Charlottesville.
#226: Week in Review: North Korea Armageddon?, Economic Trouble in Egypt and Germany, Russia Elite Tank Unit, and Much More
• North Korea has threatened to attack the U.S. island territory of Guam, and President Trump has said it will face “fire and fury” if it makes another move. Will this provoke a nuclear World War III?
• Egypt’s president is trying to fix his nation’s failing economy, but his efforts could hurt his already unpopular government and open Egypt to greater political instability.
• The German economy is also having problems, as carmakers face monumental fines—a real blow to a crucial part of the nation’s export economy.
• Russia is about to stage its biggest military exercise since the end of the Cold War, including a resurrected World War II-era elite armored tank unit that has Eastern Europe nervous.
• We’ll also talk about the dangers posed by the steady stream of leaks from the White House—the police probe against Benjamin Netanyahu—Vietnam caving into China over a crucial issue in the South China Sea—and a showdown in the United States over sanctuary cities.