Download: MP3 (49.6 MB)
- Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas is viewed as a moderate, a legitimate leader of a future Palestinian state. But in a speech this past week he once again revealed his true colors by denying Israel’s history in the Middle East.
- Cambodia’s leader was a strong opponent of the regime of Pol Pot and has been a strong critic of China for its part in supporting him—but recently he has done a dramatic about-face, a sign of China’s growing power.
- German police raided several locations that were conducting surveillance on targets in their country—apparently on orders from Iran’s secret service.
- A false alert warning of an incoming missile attack has many people in Hawaii rethinking their lives. There’s a lesson here about human nature and our tendency to put off hard questions until times of crisis.
- We’ll also talk about Italy approving a military mission into North Africa, an assassination in Kosovo that could reignite violence in the Balkans, more evidence of authoritarianism in the Philippines, and more.
- Mahmoud Abbas’s Palestinian General Council Speech
- Cambodia Rewrites Chinese History
- Chinese Propaganda
- Iran’s Espionage
- Kosovo Assassination
- Authoritarianism in the Philippines
- “King Me”
- Hawaiians’ Confessionals